Témavezető e-mail címe:
A témavezető teljes publikációs listája az MTMT-ben:
A téma rövid leírása, a kidolgozandó feladat részletezése:
Pre-code buildings and structures designed in accordance to earlier standards are often vulnerable for extreme effects, such as earthquakes, heavy snowstorm, tornadoes, intentional blast loading, etc. Frequency and intensity of such extreme events are gradually increasing due to e.g. the climate change, strong urbanization, globalization, etc. Improving the safety of such structures typically requires strengthening or retrofitting these structures. Although several retrofitting techniques are publicly available, design and completion of such improvement of safety level is further complicated by the fact that the engineering communities of areas that were historically considered less prone to such events have no experience and thus are not well prepared. For example, Hungary was traditionally considered as low seismicity region; however, new researches confirmed that the seismicity is rather moderate and in accordance to Eurocodes, structures need to be designed for earthquakes.
Aim of the research is to analyse vulnerability of pre-code and historical structures subjected to possible extreme hazards and develop conceptual design proposals for vulnerability analysis and retrofitting techniques that are economically adaptable in regions of moderate hazards.
Special attention should be paid for historical buildings, bridges and monuments due to their public value and status of cultural heritage. Further special aspect is that ageing and earlier structural inventions may drastically change their performance and thus proper evaluation of the current performance is a complicated task.
The proposed work phases could be classified as follows:
1) Literature review.
2) Definition of archetype buildings, selection of historical structures.
3) Historical study for the selected structures.
4) Numerical model development of archetype buildings.
5) Identification of extreme hazards for selected buildings. Prediction of future events: frequency, intensity.
6) Analysis of structures, risk assessment for the selected buildings and scenarios.
7) Adaptation, design and analysis of retrofitting techniques.
8) Comparison of feasible retrofitting techniques.
9) Design concept proposals, design method proposal and recommendations for future works.
A téma meghatározó irodalma:
1. G Croci. “The Conservation and Structural Restoration of Architectural Heritage.” WIT Press,2002: 147-183.
2. M Ziyaeifar, H Meshki, M Rajaei. REHABILITATION OF HISTORICAL BUILDINGS SUBJECTED TO SEISMIC HAZARDS, A METHODOLOGY. Proc. 13 WCEE. Paper Nr. 1598. 2004.
3. A Bahar, M Saffari. Seismic Retrofitting of Historical Buildings. Proc. 4 Intl Conference on Seismic Retrofitting. Iran. 2012
4. A Lamas. Sustainable management of cultural heritage and the contribution of tourism – The case of Sintra. (keynote lecture) Proc. Prohitech 17 Intl Conference on Protection of Historical Constructions. Lisbon. 2017.
5. L Dunai, A Horváth. Rehabilitation of historical bridges over the Danube in Budapest. (keynote lecture) Proc. Prohitech 17 Intl Conference on Protection of Historical Constructions. Lisbon. 2017.
A téma hazai és nemzetközi folyóiratai:
1. Earthquake Engineering
2. Engineering Structures
3. Constructional Steel Research
4. Earthquakes and Structures
5. Magyar Építőipar
A témavezető utóbbi tíz évben megjelent 5 legfontosabb publikációja:
1. Vigh László Gergely, Zsarnóczay Ádám, Balogh Tamás. Eurocode conforming design of BRBF – Part I: Proposal for codification. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH 135: pp. 265-276. (2017)
2. Á Zsarnóczay, LG Vigh. Eurocode conforming design of BRBF – Part II: Design procedure evaluation. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH 135: pp. 253-264. (2017)
3. J Simon, LG Vigh. Seismic Reliability Assessment of Typical Road Bridges in Hungary. JOURNAL OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING 21: pp. 1-29. (2017)
4. T Balogh, LG Vigh. Complex and comprehensive method for reliability calculation of structures under fire exposure. FIRE SAFETY JOURNAL 86: pp. 41-52. (2016)
5. J Simon, LG Vigh. Seismic fragility assessment of integral precast multi-span bridges in areas of moderate seismicity. BULLETIN OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING 14:(11) pp. 3125-3150. (2016)
A témavezető fenti folyóiratokban megjelent 5 közleménye:
1. J Simon, LG Vigh. Parametric seismic evaluation of highway overpass bridges in moderate seismic areas. EARTHQUAKES AND STRUCTURES 12 : 3 pp. 375-388. , 14 p. (2017)
2. Román Zs, Kiss RM, Vigh LG. Az épületeken kívüli robbantások tervezési követelményei. MAGYAR ÉPÍTŐIPAR 60:(4) pp. 129-134. (2010)
3. Á Zsarnóczay, LG Vigh. Eurocode conforming design of BRBF – Part II: Design procedure evaluation. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH 135: pp. 253-264. (2017)
4. LG Vigh László Gergely, Á Zsarnóczay, T Balogh. Eurocode conforming design of BRBF – Part I: Proposal for codification. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH 135: pp. 265-276. (2017)
5. LG Vigh, GG Deierlein, E Miranda, AB Liel, S Tipping. Seismic performance assessment of steel corrugated shearwall system using non-linear analysis. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH 85: pp. 48-59. (2013)
A témavezető eddigi doktoranduszai